Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Job!!! Moving to Roatan

Returning Catracho Report image

"Cause every fourth quarter, I like to Mike Jordan ‘em" Jay-Z; Never Let Me Down (Kaye West feat. Jay-Z)



Being religious about setting defined goals for myself, I set a few goals with deadlines after arriving in Honduras; one of them was to relocate to the Bay Islands within a year of my arrival. With limited resources on hand, I had to land a job there first, otherwise it would be impossible to accomplish. I had a few serious opportunities to do it at the 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 month markers, but they kept slipping away for one reason or another. I was becoming a bit discouraged, but continued BCC-ing my resume to various companies listed on directories, websites, etc... I even used Honduras-Living, a very useful yahoo group for anyone residing, visiting, or considering relocating or investing in Honduras to fish for employment opportunities. This worked out marvelously, I was recruited by a few people on that group. During April, eleven months after my arrival, I interviewed with one company and almost landed a job, but no dice...Still. Shortly after, I received a response to one of my posts requesting my resume, I sent it and scheduled a trip to Roatan for an interview. Once in Roatan, I interviewed and was asked to start ASAP. ASAP meant that day or the next, UNBELIEVEABLE! To me, this was like sinking a three point shot to win the game. No wait, to tie the game so I can demonstrate what I'm made of in overtime.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
-Michael Jordan

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
-Michael Jordan














Returning Catracho Report image

1 comment:

La Gringa said...

That is great. I know you are going to have a whole different work ethic than they are used to on the island. You are going to do fantastic, I just know it. And what a fun place to be.

Congratulations.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails