Monday, December 7, 2009

Polache

Returning Catracho Report images



Polache is one of the most entertaining performers in Honduras. I had the pleasure of attending many of his performances while I called San Pedro Sula my home. His TV show, "De Trova con Polache", was also very amusing and informative. In his show he traveled around Honduran cities and villages with the purpose of highlighting local culture there. While mingling with the locals he would improvise a song relating to whatever situation he was in. The lady making baleadas, bam! you got a song. The artisan making souvenirs, bam! that's a song. He is mostly recognized for writing songs riddled with Honduran slang.


I haven't heard one Polache song I didn't like, my favorite is Pedazo de Mujer. His songs with the most rotation are "Hablo Espanol", which is almost a dictionary of Honduran phrases and the two joints he put together to depict his love for Soccer, "La Potra" and "Volveremos a Celebrar". I can't listen to "La Potra" too often, it makes my heart beat irregularly with excitement, especially if they play Salvador Nasralla's voice over it. I used to bump this jam before heading to the Estadio Olympico with hopes that La Sele would stomp on Concacaf rivals.

To all the Catrachos, send this out to your girl. Don't bcc it, we have too many guiros running around already.




1 comment:

wilfredo21be said...

Polache loves his culture, and has the ability of rhyming mostly of the scenario where he could be in it.
I congratulate him for giving us the taste of reality of who the Hondurans really are, using his great philosopy of mixing the slang to highlight the Catrachos beauty.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails