Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Half Time Shows

I had to write a separate blog about this because I was so annoyed. I was in the office working late during a Honduras - El Salvador match and decided to take a break during half time to watch the highlights. It didn't work out as expected, I'm in Honduras. Instead of showing the replay of the only goal scored they sit at a round table and eat fast food from a company sponsoring the game broadcast! Incredible! I sat there for the entire half time show and ABSOLUTELY NO REPLAYS! They just grubbed on Bojangles (Bou-yan-gles) the whole way through. WHAT!?!?! Who came up with this? Before that half time show I didn't even mind working late as I was expecting to at least watch the highlights during halftime.

I'd like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my favorite T.V. show, which is actually a half time show: TNT at the half with Ernie Johnson, Kenny "The Jet" Smith, and the recently returned Charles Barkeley. I love this show! These guys are knowledgable and entertaining! You have a real journalist in Ernie Johnson, a former NBA player and great analyst in Kenny "The Jet" and Charles Barkeley... Is there anything that needs to be said about Mr. "I am NOT a role model". They always bring on great guests like Magic Johnson, Chris webber and other players that are not in action due to injuries or playoff elimination. Every year I look forward to the "Gone Fishing" segments after a team gets eliminated from the Playoffs. In this segment, they photoshop pictures of the star players and coach of the eliminated team and a local celibrity over the bodies (usually out of shape) of other people while fishing. They are hilarous! They also do the photoshop thing to each other all the time, just you tube Charles Barkeley and "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" so you can see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails