Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Don't bump Hip Hop at Work! Kanye just doesn't know when to shut up!

"I'ma let you finish," but I had to say this...

If you've skimmed through my blog, you know I love HIP HOP. As much as I love it, I'm putting an end to hip hop at the workplace. I don't know where I will draw my inspiration from while at work, but it's done! Finnito! Over! No mas!

A few weeks ago, I was in my office getting my "grind on". My boss walks in as "Spaceship" is bumping from my computer speakers. I love that jam! If you're from "the hood" (wherever that is) and you've had to start at the bottom of the ladder, you should too. If you know what it's like to work like crazy and not have anything to show for it at the end of the day, but keep fighting to achieve your goals, you know what I'm talking about. Don't stop 'till you get it!



I didn't think to hit the mute button on my keyboard. I immediately directed my attention to my boss. A few seconds after we begin discussing expenses, Kanye's lyrics begin


If my manager insults me again I will be assaulting him
After I fuck the manager up then I`m gonna shorten the register up
Let`s go back, back to the Gap
Look at my check, wasn`t no scratch
So if I stole, wasn`t my fault
Yeah I stole, never got caught
They take me to the back and pat me
Askin` me about some khakis
But let some black people walk in
I bet they show off their token blackie
Oh now they love Kanye, let`s put him all in the front of the store
Saw him on break next to the `No Smoking` sign with a blunt and aMarl`

Takin` my hits, writin` my hits
Writin` my rhymes, playin` my mind
This fuckin` job can`t help him
So I quit, y`all welcome
Y`all don`t know my struggle
Y`all can`t match my hustle
You can`t catch my hustle
You can`t fathom my love dude
Lock yourself in a room doin` five beats a day for three summers
That`s a different world like three summers
I deserve to do these numbers
The kid that made that deserves that Mayback
So many records in my basement
I`m just waitin` on my spaceship, blaow


By the way, I'm the accounting manager so bumping lyrics that promote theft, not a good idea. Of course, I'm not going to follow this dude's example and that's difinetely not what inspires me about this song.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails