Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pouring out a little liqour for Klien Bohemia - SPS

Klein Bohemia was my favorite hang out spot while calling myself a Jampedrano. This was the quintessential dive bar; a place where the attire of patrons could range from basketball shorts to suits, the type of bar where you can have a blast without consuming alcohol (That was my personal favorite), and it was the only "expat" hang out that I knew of in SPS. For all the real Sampedrano's, my condolences...

On any given day, what appeared to be "quite nights" could turn into a surprise performance from Honduran greats like Guillermo Anderson, Polache, and Montuca Sound System. Programmed concerts featured rock, ska, jazz, metal, electronic, trova, reggae, salsa, and so much more. From what I hear and have read, Klein Bohemia has been around for a long time and previously operated as the "Kulture Cafe". The bar eventually closed it's doors, but it's spirit will always survive in the memory of Sampedranos and transplants alike.

3 comments:

Mark said...

The bar was still there as of last November. Has it closed since then?

carlosjmelgar said...

Unfortunately, it has closed... I hope someone else opens a place with the same feel to it.

Did you ever see any performances there?

Mark said...

Yes, I don't remember the name of the group but it was a Colombian rock band. I liked the bar, a very laid back and friendly feel.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails