Thursday, April 22, 2010

Power Chicken Ribs

As is the case with Estelina's Buffet, a visit to San Pedro Sula is not complete without gorging at Power Chicken. Power Chicken is famous for ribs, their own hot sauce, and obviously chicken. The sides are delicious enough to compete for attention.

My indecisiveness at restaurants always leaves me to frantically skim the menu for a fourth or fif' time as everyone else orders. That was not the case at Power Chicken. The moment someone mentioned "ribs," I knew what I would have on my first visit. When asked what I would be having, I proudly announced, "Las Costillas."




I accompanied my ribs with fried yucca, or cassava. After receiving my meal, I happily began to walk towards our table (no waitress service). One of my friends stopped me in my tracks and redirected my eager trajectory to the sauces. Power Chicken also boasts a flurry of sauces to compliment your meal. The indecisiveness hit me like a locomotive.


I finally chose the chimichurri and a lightly pickled combination of tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro. Both toppings where spectacular. The yucca was deep fried to perfection... Yucca is like green plantains, I can't explain them as being amazing, but this yucca was the bomb! I was pleased with all of those decisions. Then, the ribs... I was shocked after the first bite. I expected barbeque ribs, but they were Terayaki ribs. They were amazing! Almost all meat, very little fat. Could this be a beef rib?

On the RCR scale, this place gets a 5 out of 5 Baleada rating for it's variety, service and quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails