Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Best Raspados in Los Angeles

This is the BEST, I mean ABSOLUTELY THE BEST, raspado vendor in Los Angeles. My favorite flavors, Tamarindo and Nance, are served with pulp and even the seeds. Handmade Tamarindo syrup and pulp over ice shavings, there is no better way to overcome the L.A. summer heat.

Back in the day, I used to take him the fast food souvenir cups; the ones they give away when super duper sizing your combo, to fill for $1!!! I know he hated that, but he filled it anyway.

This is the google maps print screen of 2nd / Mariposa. It's very fitting that he's on Google, because that's the spot he's posted up at most often. The google maps image is pretty darn close to the view out of the window in my mom's apartment. I think I was his best customer for a few years. Him posting up there definitely helped that cause.



Selling a raspado to a Virgil Middle School student, obvious by the grey and maroon uniform... Thank goodness for me going to Emerson MS instead, that's and ugly combination!

Needless to say, this post also receives the "You know you live in the ghetto when..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails